Gentex visor lenses are designed to seamlessly fit with the STEP-IN® and all our visor assemblies. Compatible visor assemblies are available for all of our aircrew helmet systems. Many of our helmet systems also come with a visor housing, which protects visors from damage from scratches and flying debris, provides the means to adjust visor positions, and provides a stable platform for the mounting of Night Vision Goggles.
The STEP-IN provides eye protection and allows proper eye relief while using Night Vision Goggles (NVGs). Its contoured shape and finished edge conform to the helmet-shell edge rather than suspending over the front of its shell, creating a fit that’s closer to the face than other visors. STEP-IN visors can be used with the Gentex HGU-55/P, HGU-68/P and the HGU-84/P Helmet Systems to provide eye protection while also allowing the use of NVGs and HMDs.
- Optional upgrade to Gentex HGU-55/P, HGU-68/P or HGU-84/P Helmet Systems.
- Lens is moved approximately 1 inch closer to the face.
- Clear or laser protective lenses available.
- Compatible with Night Vision Goggles (NVGs) and Helmet Mounted Displays (HMDs).
- Provides facial protection from windblast, high light intensity, spall resulting from canopy or screen failure, ballistic and fragmentation threats, laser threats, impact threats, rotary or jet wash, and inclement weather conditions.
- Excellent distortion-free visual acuity.
- Provides 99% protection from damaging UV(A), UV(B) and UV(C) sunlight.
- Manufactured with polycarbonate material.
- Seamless integration with other helmet system components.
Meets U.S. Mil Specs: Ultraviolet Transmittance (MIL-V-43511); Impact Resistance (MIL-V-43511; when tested in accordance with MIL-STD-622 and using a .22 T37 fragment simulating projectile at a velocity of 550 feet per second); Optical (MIL-V-43511); Abrasion Resistance (front and rear surfaces coated with abrasion-resistant coating in accordance with MIL-C-83409).