The half-mask Special Operations Tactical Respirator (SOTR) and Lite version, intended for ground applications (not aircraft applications), is designed to provide protection against a wide range of oil- and non-oil-based particulate contaminants. SOTR is a low-profile respirator mask that features 99.97% filtration efficiency against airborne particulates, including lead, asbestos, lubricant mist, explosive gunfire, and more. The user-based design prioritizes both safety and comfort, with two exhalation valves for easier breathing and a flexible, lightweight silicone facepiece made to fit a range of facial types. This ballistic respirator allows for quick, one-handed filter changes to keep up with the most fast-paced missions and has a central-mounted filter for better weapon interface. SOTR is suitable for a variety of applications, including conducting sensitive site exploitation, breaching, vehicle-mounted operations, helicopter operations, and live fire ranges. The SOTR can be worn with Ops-Core helmets and tactical helmet accessories (such as NVGs and eye protection gear) for a complete protective lightweight headborne system. The SOTR Lite is not compatible with helmets. It comes with one filter and single head harness, without communications capabilities. The Ops-Core SOTR is not intended for medical use. Ops-Core SOTR and SOTR Lite are not intended for medical use.
For more information about the Special Operations Tactical Respirator, please refer to our FAQ. To learn about our aircrew half-mask configuration, click here.
Features & Specifications
- Respirator mask offers at least 99.97% filtration efficiency against airborne particulates including lead, asbestos, lubricant mist, and explosive gunfire residue
- SOTR: Ballistic respirator is available in non-microphone and microphone configurations, and is compatible with standard ground communications headsets to enable radio communications, comes with two filters
- SOTR Lite: Single filter and head harness, without communications capabilities</>
- Seamlessly integrates with NVGs and other eye protection products, as well as over the ear hearing protection products
- Two exhalation valves for easier breathing
- Easy to adjust suspension straps to be worn with or without a helmet
- Flexible and lightweight silicone face piece with a wide, wraparound, and pleated design to enable the respirator to fit to a large variety of facial types
- Front mounted inhalation valves and cartridge ports for an enhanced field-of-vision and a quick one-handed filter change
- The Special Operations Tactical Respirator (SOTR) is intended for ground applications; for aircraft applications, see the Gentex Low Profile Particulate Respirator