Designed by Gentex for the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps, the Gentex HGU-84/P Rotary Wing Helmet provides protection and comfort in a lightweight, low-profile design. In addition to the unique bungee-style dual visor capability, the HGU-84/P easily integrates with Gentex performance enhancing accessories to provide industry leading comfort, stability, retention, and protection.
- Low profile design provides field of view that exceeds many other rotary wing helmet systems.
- Provides impact protection without added weight using advanced Styrofoam energy absorbing liner and a rigid Graphlon® composite for the shell.
- X Liner optimizes fit and comfort to further enhance mission endurance.
- Dual visor assembly (clear and neutral gray) easily attach, and meet requirements of MIL-V-43511 for optical performance and impact resistance. Visor lenses are abrasion resistant coated, meeting requirements of MIL-C-83409. Clear, gradient, high contrast, and laser attenuating visors available as spares.
- Optional tracked dual- and single-visor housing assemblies protect visors and include quick-disconnect NVG mount.
- Integrated chin/nape strap provides added stability and withstands strength test of 300 lbs.
- Industry leading sound attenuation.
- Adjustable ear cup positions to optimize fit, comfort, and noise attenuation.
- Customizable communication systems based on individual mission requirements.