The Gentex HGU-68/P Fixed Wing Aircrew Helmet System was designed to meet the rigorous requirements of the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps in today’s high-G environments. Equipped with a single visor system qualified at 600 KEAS (Knots Equivalent Air Speed) in accordance with MIL-H-85047A; the Gentex HGU-68/P offers customized comfort, stability and protection for aircrew personnel. The complete system is equipped for communications with a CX-4708A/AIC cord (modified with extended length pins), H-87B/U earphones, lightweight tapered ear cups, custom leather ear pads, ear phone holders, and ear cup spacer pads.
- Unique front opening which cuts back in the temple region provides maximum peripheral vision.
- Pressure molded laminated graphite and nylon Graphion make up the shells rigid and durable composition.
- The single visor system prevents canopy interference with a visor lock strategically located left of the center to further enhance the low profile of the single vision system. Latch system enables quick change out of visors to meet specific mission requirements.
- The standard Gentex HGU-68/P is equipped with the Gentex X Liner Helmet Comfort Liner which consists of two foam densities to provide comfort and stability.
- The one piece chin and nape strap integrated into the Gentex HGU-68/P is uniquely made up of nylon webbing and pads covered with leather
- Cross straps are threaded with the chin strap pad which allows for simultaneous adjustment with the chin strap. The Gentex HGU-68/P fits compatibly with Gentex Rotatable Bayonet Receivers or Anti Snag Receivers to secure Gentex oxygen mask assemblies.Assemblies include the Gentex MBU-23/P Oxygen Mask which is specifically designed for the United States Navy.