With its combination of features and capabilities utilized by the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Navy, the Gentex HGU-55/PJ Helmet System provides high protection and performance capabilities for frontline fighter and advanced training use. Key capabilities include 600 KEAS windblast protection using a highly reliable and stable retention system, plus a tracked visor kit that can be quickly configured with a variety of visor options for day or night flight. A range of respiratory, communications, and comfort fit accessories can also be added to optimize the helmet system for flight.
- Certified safe for ejection up to 600 KEAS using a tracked visor kit.
- The tracked visor kit holds a variety of Gentex visors including clear, neutral gray, high contrast, gradient, or laser visor assemblies. The visor track can be locked in place anywhere along its arc of travel, which greatly assists in optimizing the visor-to-mask interface.
- The penetration-resistant helmet shell is constructed from lightweight graphite and carbon materials approved by the U.S. Navy and the shell is painted U.S. Air Force gray for optimal solar reflection.
- Gentex Super Comfort Liner (SCL) is made of a plush foam-lined cloth, encasing multiple layers of thermoplastic material that can be heated and molded to provide a custom fit. The Gentex X Liner® can also be used to increase comfort and breathability.
- Includes the Gentex Integrated Chin and Nape Strap (ICNS) Assembly also used by the U.S. forces for excellent stability and comfort.
- Plastic earcups with soft ear seals can be optimized for comfort by use of foam fitting pads, or optional leather-covered earpads can be used.
- Helmet system includes a U.S. Navy approved anti-snag oxygen mask receiver to reduce the threat of entanglement from parachute risers or canopy lines during ejection.
- The helmet can be fitted with Gentex HA/LP or MBU-12/P Oxygen Masks to provide required levels of respiratory protection. Gentex Rotatable Bayonet Receivers (R2) can also be installed to improve the fitting of these masks and allow hinging of the mask from either side of the helmet.