Gentex HGU-56/P, SPH-5 and several fixed wing helmet systems feature a track visor system housing that allows the visor to be located at various positions along the arc of travel to optimize the visual field and interface to other head borne equipment, such as maxillofacial shields or oxygen masks.
- Provides eye and facial protection from weather, ballistic/fragmentation, impact, debris/wash, and laser threats
- Excellent distortion-free visual acuity
- Ultraviolet transmittance in accordance with MIL-V-43511
- Impact resistance in accordance with MIL-V-43511 (when tested in accordance with MIL-STD-622 and using a .22 T37 fragment simulating projectile at a velocity of 550 feet per second)
- Optical characteristics in accordance with MIL-V-43511
- Abrasion resistance in accordance with MIL-C-83409