With its versatile design, the Gentex SPH-5® Rotary Wing Helmet is used by emergency medical personnel, firefighters, government agencies, and commercial pilots around the globe. Combining superior protection and lightweight comfort, the versatile SPH-5 accommodates a wide range of eye/facial protection, communications, and hearing protection accessories to meet specific and evolving flight needs.
- Strong, lightweight shell and liner provide impact resistance of 300 Gs (cold) and 400 Gs (hot).
- Washable helmet comfort liner optimizes fit and comfort; features special fastener strips for easy installation and removal.
- Super Comfort Liner (SCL) available, has thicker, plush cloth cover.
- All liners fit most head shapes, and can be custom fitted.
- Stabilizing Retention System available in double D-ring or as quick-disconnect (snap), both withstanding pull strength test of 300 lbs.
- Single or lightweight dual visor system protects eyes from glare, wind, and dust and features clear and neutral gray (sunshade) polycarbonate visors; laser, high contrast, and gradient visors available.
- Optional quick disconnect device for Gentex ANVIS-6 NVG mount.
- All visors meet all performance requirements of MIL-V-43511, and have abrasion-resistant coating in accordance with MIL-C-83409.
- Comes standard with boom-mounted adjustable microphone, swivel assembly, dual earphones, communications cord, and microphone cord.
- Compatible with Communications Ear Plug (CEP).
- Flex boom microphone available as upgrade.
- Comfortable contoured plastic ear-cup assemblies reduce transmitted force while screening out excessive noise levels.
- Custom-designed Maxillofacial Shield available.