Designed for two-way communications in harsh industrial and military noise fields up to and exceeding 125 dB(A), the digital noise-canceling microphone technology offers maximum speech intelligibility. Muzzle and boom microphone versions are available. Coupled with the Argonaut® Communications Earplug, this headset offers integrated double hearing protection and clear communications. This system is military hardened for extreme environmental and EMI conditions. NSNs for headsets and spare parts depend on the model and configuration. The Gentex Argonaut Double Hearing Protector and Communications (DHPC) Headset, formerly branded under Aegisound, is part of Gentex’s comprehensive suite of air products.
- Digital Noise-Canceling (DNC) Microphone and double hearing protection with two-way communications.
- High quality embedded audio electronics.
- Radio powered or self-powered through rechargeable battery variants.
- Boom-mounted push-to-transmit (PTT) button for convenient operation.
- Designed to be compatible with 200 V/m electromagnetic field environments (MIL-STD-461F).
- Noise transmitted through the microphone to other listeners is reduced by more than 10 dB(A) in a 120 dB SPL broadband noise field.
- Compliant with MIL-STD-810F environmental requirements.
- For aircrew hearing protection without comms, see the DC2 Hearing Protector.
- Compatible with flight deck and flight line wireless radios and intercom systems.
- Compatible with the HGU-25/P Series Legacy Cranial.
- Compliant with sections of MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-461F, MIL-STD-464, MIL-STD-130N, etc.
- Certified to EMC Directive 2004/108/EC