The Gentex Special Operations Headset Adaptable Helmet (SOHAH) is designed to be worn over headsets with large sound attenuating ear cups that cannot be worn in combination with PASGT and Tactical Ballistic Helmet-II (TBH-II™) style helmets or the Advanced Combat Helmet (ACH).
Used by the U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force and other military or government agencies, it is available in sizes small and medium/large. A shell choice of a non-ballistic fiberglass bump protection, ballistic when tested in accordance with MIL-STD 662 with a 17-grain fragmentation simulator projectile the helmet has a v50 1400 feet per second velocity, or a ballistic value of v50 2150 feet per second which also meets Level IIIA 9 mm projectile.
- Two levels of protection.
- Variable thickness pad suspension system with split crown pads.
- Retention system designed to withstand 150 lbs to prevent inadvertent release.
- Incorporates a variable thickness pad suspension system with split crown pads that can be separated to allow an over-the-head headband of a headset to be worn between the pads to prevent pressure on the head. The pads contained in the adjustable suspension system can be positioned by the wearer for maximum stability and comfort.
- Two sizes and available in a variety of colors.