The Gentex Aircrew Combat System (ACS) was designed for the Eurofighter Aircraft (EFA) to protect pilots in the agile airframe during aircrew combat maneuvers in high-G environments. The exceptionally low-profile design offers superior air combat functionality when combined with the Gentex EFA /ACS oxygen mask and inflatable bladder system, which provides Pressure Breathing for G (PBG) capability for extended high performance aircraft maneuvers, while reducing the probability of G-induced Loss of Consciousness (GLOC). True system-level integration of dual locking visors, mask bayonet receivers, and oxygen supply hoses make the ACS one of the most stable, high performance, head protection systems on the market today.
- Ultra lightweight construction and advanced integrated design reduce head borne weight and bulk for extended use and improved ejection safety.
- Integrated bayonets provide added stability during critical stages of flight, allowing inflation of the helmet bladder during high-G maneuvers.
- Inhalation and exhalation valves enable low-breathing resistance.
- Special reflective edge provides optimum facial sealing.
- Mission configurable with laser protective visors, and communications and hearing protection devices to maximize performance and safety.
- Locking dual visors certified for safe ejections up to 600 knots.
- Inflatable bladder stabilizes helmet during high-G operations (+9/-3G).
- Soft, comfortable support from unique chin and nape strap system and comfort fit liner help ensure stability throughout flight.