The patented double cup, double cushion DC2 Hearing Protector was designed to combat the highest ambient noise found in the most extreme environments. It provides maximum hearing protection and comfort needed for continuous 8 to 12 hour use. The DC2 Hearing Protector alone offers over 10 times the allowable noise-exposure time when compared with legacy U.S. Navy earmuffs, and can be worn in combination with the Aegisound CTE30X Custom Solid Coiled Tethered Earplugs to achieve a rated NRR of 35.
Noise Reduction Rating: 31 dB
- Unique double-cup double-seal design with custom foam earseals for lasting comfort and improved protection.
- Earmuff and headband assembly designed to increase population fit rate over legacy U.S. Navy Cranial hearing protector (HGU-25/P).
- Increase of 9 dB NRR over legacy US Navy Cranial (HGU-25/P).
- Both large and small volume, rugged earcups designed to provide excellent overall sound attenuation and meet harsh handling requirements.
- NRR 35 dB when used with CTE30X Custom Earplugs.
- Earcup attachment point reduces foreign object damage (FOD) hazards.
- Fully compatible with current and next generation cranial head protector (HGU-95/P).
- Upgradeable to double hearing protection (DHP) with Aegisound CTE30X Custom Earplugs.
- Compatible with the Gentex APC-2G helmet
- Compatible with the HGU-25/P Series Legacy Cranial
- MIL-STD-810F environmentally compliant