Features & Specifications
- Increases survivability in high threat operations by adding eye protection from fragmentation threats.
- Tool-less installation and removal.
- Easy one-handed operation.
- Quickly and quietly friction locks into closed, open or vented positions at 45 degree increments using field-proven CAM Lock technology.
- Visor lens can remain at its indexed position during rigorous activity, requiring no release snaps or locks.
- Designed for use in conjunction with MCEPs ballistic eyewear and goggles.
- Designed with anti-fog coating on the interior of the visor and anti-scratch coating on the exterior of the visor.
- Easily donned with a single-gloved hand.
- Seamless integration with U.S. Army ACH, USMC MICH Type II, and Gentex Tactical Ballistic Helmet (TBH) Systems equipped with Ops-Core ACH and ACH Skeleton ARC Rails.
- Available in Urban Tan
Testing Protocols & Design
- Designed and tested in accordance with Gentex PRS-1010 Product Specification for the Ops-Core ACH Visor.
- Tested against the 17 grain (1.1 gram) Fragment Simulated Projectile (FSP) using a baseline testing method to establish a minimum V-50 of 775 feet per second (fps) / 221 meters per second (m/s). (V-50 is defined as the velocity of a designated projectile where 50% of the threat will penetrate and 50% will be stopped.)
- Tested for Optical Clarity for Peripheral Vision and Light Transmission in accordance with NIJ Standard 0104.02 Riot Helmet and Face-Shields.
- Tested against environmental affects to include: seawater resistant; weatherometer (accelerated aging); high temperature operating and storage; cold temperature operating and storage; vibration, field agent resistant (DEET insect repellant, gasoline, motor oil, petroleum based hydraulic fluid, fire resistant hydraulic fluid, diesel fuel oil, aviation turbine fuel, rifle bore cleaning compound, weapons lubricating oil, face paint, and 6.0% Sodium Hypochlorite).