A custom-fitting helmet comfort liner, the Gentex TPL® is comprised of multiple layers of moldable thermoplastic material that can be added to or reduced to create the proper and individual helmet fit to provide maximum helmet comfort during aircraft maneuvering, acceleration and long-duration missions.
Provided as an option for all Gentex fixed and rotary wing helmets, the TPL is lined with a removable and washable cover that is attached with hook-and-pile fastening tape to the helmet's Styrofoam® impact liner. The foam's temperature softening properties allow the cover to conform to the irregular shapes when in contact with a warm surface, which distributes weight evenly while reducing pressure points and "hot spots." These unique and flight-proven qualities ensure helmet stability. The TPL is also available in pre-fitted (“P”) versions custom molded by Gentex to fit general head sizes.
- Maximum helmet retention during aircraft maneuvering, acceleration and long-duration missions.
- Multiple layers of molded thermoplastic material create a comfortable, individual fit.
- Lined with a removable and washable cover that attaches with hook-and-pile fastening tape.
- Temperature softening properties that allow the cover to conform to irregular shapes.
- Reduces pressure points and "hot spots".