The Argus APH05 Public Order/Riot Helmet is a robust, safe and reliable helmet that has been manufactured and tested to meet recognized standards. It has been specifically designed for the rigorous operational requirements of public order and security duties.
- Fully approved to the UK Home Office PSDB Protective Headwear standard for Police Public Order Helmets 2004
- Manufactured in either Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) Thermoplastic or Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP)
- High impact resistant 3mm polycarbonate visors, with anti-mist and anti-scratch coating available
- Adjustable fire-retardant chin strap with chin cup and quick release facility
- Liquid and flame resistant, metal gauze audio apertures to enable local commands to be heard
- Ability to wear a range of full face respirators
- Ability to fit variety of radio communication devices
- Weight: 1.5kg (3.31 lbs)
- Available in a wide range of head sizes (50-65 cm) (Size 00 - 6)
- Insignia and rank markings can be applied
- ABS Model Colors: Black, Blue.
- GRP Model Colors: Black, Blue White, Red, Yellow, Green
- Environmental Conditioning
Helmets subjected to impact attenuation and penetration tests, and visors subjected for impact and pellet protection tests, are conditioned immediately prior to applicable testing to simulate use in a wide range of climatic conditions (-20C to +50C).
- Coverage & Peripheral Vision
Measurements are taken to ensure visor coverage of a defined area of the face and eliminate any obstructions to peripheral vision potentially caused by the helmet or visor mounting.
- Hearing Attenuation
Ensures that the helmet does not reduce the level of sound reaching the wearer, above defined limits.
- Flammable Liquid Trap
Inspects the helmet to affirm there are no liquid traps on the exterior of the helmet and that the helmet is self-extinguishes within 15 seconds of the test fluid being ignited.
- Flame Testing
Determines the flame retardant properties of the helmet.
- Retention Stability Test
Performed to ensure that the helmet does not roll forward over the wearer’s face as a result of an applied force.
- Penetration Test
Ensures protection from a penetrating attack to the helmet body.
- Impact Testing (Attenuation)
Assesses resistance capability of impact caused by hand thrown or hand wielded blunt weapons.
- Vision Test (Prismatic, Spherical, and Astigmatic Aberration)
Testing to assure that vison is not distorted by prismatic, spherical, and/or astigmatic aberration effects introduced by the visor.
- Visor Mist Test
Assesses the anti-mist properties of the visor. This test is only applicable to visors that are offered with anti-mist properties.
- Visor Impact Test
Performed to ensure that a known impact will not cause a deformation of the visor which may contact the wearer’s face.
- Visor Pellet Test
A low mass high velocity projectile test designed to examine impact is completed on all visors.
- Visor Solvent Test
Tests the visor’s resistance to a solvent of Methyl IsoButyl Ketone (MIBK).
- EC Type-Examination Certificate:1991
Assessed and examined against 21/04 PSDB Protective Headwear Standard for UK Police (2004). Conforms to Council Directive 89/686/EEC relating to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Shell: High impact resistant, self-colored ABS or GRP with flame retardant paint system
- Liner: High density Expanded Polystyrene (EPS)
- Cheek Pads: Fire-retardant cotton modal
- Chin Strap: Fire-retardant Nomex
- Chin Cup: Fire-retardant Polypropylene
- Neck Guard: High density foam with flame retardant PVC covering
- Visor: High impact optical grade polycarbonate with option of anti-mist, anti-scratch coating