The Gentex APC-2G Helmet System is designed to provide integrated hearing protection and head protection for most industrial and military occupational environments, for top and side impact protection. The APC-2G provides extreme comfort and protection with a 21% improvement in heat dissipation and evaporative cooling compared to legacy cranial designs.
- Accommodates most traditional over-the-head hearing protectors and communication systems while maintaining head protection standards.
- Compatible with all Aegisound and most commercial hearing protectors.
- Accessory NVG mount is load balanced so no counterweight is required.
- Goggle loop-strap attachment design prevents helmet parts from detaching and becoming Foreign Object Debris (FOD).
- 21% improvement in heat dissipation and evaporative cooling, and fewer maintainable parts than legacy cranial designs (bump caps).
- Hearing protector doesn’t attach directly to the helmet so hearing protection is not affected by the fit of the helmet or other system components and vice versa
- Reflective tape and other optional features, including NVG mount, come factory installed.
- Comfortably fits 9 5%of the population
- Meets/exceeds ANSI Z89.1 standards:
- Type I (top impact protection) construction meets or exceeds MIL-STD-810F environmental standards.
- Type II (top and side impact protection). Tested for impact resistance with and withoutover-thehead headsets.
- Type II Class C (Conductive); however, will comply with Class G Electrical Test per CSAZ 94.1.