Features & Specifications
- Provides additional face protection from ballistic and blunt impact.
- Pair with an Ops-Core ACH Visor for complete eye and face protection.
- Unique patented hinge front system provides natural ventilation, which greatly reduces lens fogging, while increasing user comfort.
- A seamless connection to the Ops-Core ACH Accessory Rail Connectors (ARCs) or ACH Skeleton ARCs leaves space for mission critical accessories and components such as cameras, illumination, and other adapters.
- Folds in half for compact storage and less displacement in a ruck sack or back pack.
- Tool-less installation and fit to the helmet is easy via the connecting straps that can be adjusted to ensure proper fit and function.
- Can be donned and doffed with one gloved hand.
- Sold separately or with the Ops-Core ACH Visor as a complete upgrade kit upgrade for U.S. Army ACH, USMC MICH Type II, and/or Gentex TBH-II and TBH-IIIA Helmet Systems.
- Designed with Low-Reflective and Low Infra-Red (IR) signature characteristics.
- Available in Urban Tan, Foliage Green, and Black.
- Designed for U.S. Army ACH, USMC MICH Type II, and Gentex Low Cut Tactical Ballistic Helmet Systems helmets equipped with Ops-Core ACH ARCs or ACH Skeleton ARCs.
Testing Protocols & Design
- Designed and tested in accordance with Gentex PRS-1009 Product Specification for the Ops-Core ACH Ballistic Mandible.
- Tested against the 9mm 124gr FMJ RN at 1400 fps (+/- 50 fps) Resistance to Penetration (RtP) protocol tested in ambient, hot and cold conditions.
- Tested against the 17 grain (1.1 gram) Fragment Simulated Projectile (FSP) using a baseline testing method to establish a minimum V-50 of 1850 feet per second (fps) / 564 meters per second (m/s) in ambient, hot and cold conditions. (V-50 is defined as the velocity of a designated projectile where 50% of the threat will penetrate and 50% will be stopped.)
- Meets Blunt Impact Protection to a Modified and Abbreviated U.S. Army Purchase Description Helmet, Advanced Combat (ACH) CO/PD-05-04: 30 October 2007. (Blunt Impact Protection is measured with two impacts in the front center portion of the mandible at 5 Feet Per Second on a Hemispheric Anvil with no impact measuring over 150 G of force tested in ambient, hot and cold conditions.)
- Tested against environmental affects to include: seawater resistant; weatherometer (accelerated aging); high temperature operating and storage; cold temperature operating and storage; field agent resistant (DEET insect repellant, gasoline, motor oil, petroleum based hydraulic fluid, fire resistant hydraulic fluid, diesel fuel oil, aviation turbine fuel, rifle bore cleaning compound, weapons lubricating oil, face paint, and 6.0% Sodium Hypochlorite).
This product is subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR) 15 CFR 730-774. The export of this item and related technical information may require prior authorization from the U.S. Government.